Maternal Health Program for Pregnant Women
Maternal health services provide preventive health services to women. These services ensure early and adequate prenatal care, early identification or risk factors, promotion of health lifestyle choices and resource/referral.
A staff member will coordinate health services, such as:
- Assist in obtaining a physician
- Resource and referral
- Assess health insurance needs
- Assist with Medicaid presumptive eligibility
- Transportation assistance
- Provide education on importance of prenatal care
- Arrange dental screening assessment, fluoride varnish, education and referral for dental care
- Breastfeeding support
- Promote flu and Tdap vaccinations
For additional information about the Maternal Health Program click here.