Maternal Health Program for Pregnant Women
Maternal health services provide preventive health services to women. These services ensure early and adequate prenatal care, early identification or risk factors, promotion of health lifestyle choices and resource/referral.
A staff member will coordinate health services, such as:
- Assist in obtaining a physician
- Assist in obtaining appropriate payment source
- Offer prenatal education
- Perform social assessment and guidance
- Provide nutrition evaluation and education
- Supply prenatal vitamins
- Schedule prenatal and postpartum home visit
- Arrange dental screening assessment, fluoride varnish, education and referral for dental care
- Offer preventative dental services on an appointment basis for pregnant women who are under-served
- Listening visits for prenatal or postpartum depression
- Breastfeeding support at home visit
- Monthly support group
For additional information about the Maternal Health Program click here.