Maternal health services provide preventive health services to women. These services ensure early and adequate prenatal care, early identification or risk factors, promotion of health lifestyle choices and resource/referral.
A staff member will coordinate health services, such as:
- Assist in obtaining a physician
- Assist in obtaining appropriate payment source
- Offer prenatal education
- Perform social assessment and guidance
- Provide nutrition evaluation and education
- Supply prenatal vitamins
- Schedule prenatal and postpartum home visit
- Arrange dental screening assessment, fluoride varnish, education and referral for dental care
- Offer preventative dental services on an appointment basis for pregnant women who are underserved
- Listening visits
For more information call:
319-653-7758 or 800-655-7758.